|Membership Application | Supplier Member Benefits | Membership Requirements | Dues Levels|
Supplier company membership is available for educational product businesses including manufacturers, publishers, importers, and wholesalers who market to consumers through a network of dealers.
Companies applying for membership must provide proof of being an established business within the education market by submitting the following requirements:
- Your business Federal Tax ID or Business number. However, if your company is outside the U.S. and Canada, please enter N/A as your business number instead.
- For supplier companies - contact information for your company's two principal dealers you represent. For service provider companies - contact information for your company's two principal suppliers or dealers you represent.
- Company literature (website, catalog, literature, advertisements, etc.).
Schools, firms, corporations or individuals affiliated with schools are not considered to be engaged in the business of manufacturing, publishing, servicing, or distributing school equipment, supplies or instructional materials are not eligible for membership.
More Than Just A Trade Show
"NSSEA is more than just a trade show, it is a trade association. The Ed Expo is one
of two trade show events this association manages in addition to all the other
services membership requests."
Kevin M. Casey, Gen. Mgr., Essential Learning Products - Member Since 1981
The cost of a Supplier company membership is based on your gross annual sales volume of products for educational use. NOTE: A one time $100 Application Processing Fee will be added to your membership dues total below:
|Educational Gross Annual Sales||Supplier Membership Fee|
|$500,000 to $999,999||
|$1,000,000 to $4,999,999||
|$5,000,000 to $25,000,000||
Industry Specific Publications & Reports
- Essentials Magazine Archive Library – Members have unlimited access to the digital edition of Essentials magazine.
- Essentials Weekly – The weekly e-newsletter that consolidates the latest industry news and information affecting the industry and is delivered to you via e-mail every Tuesday.
- School Marketing Newsletter – The monthly e-newsletter curiosity of School Market Research Institute helps you get your fair share of the market and grow your business that is exclusively devoted to all aspects of marketing to educators.
- Annual Membership Directory & Buyers Guide – Only NSSEA member receive the school market’s most valued reference guide – an essential tool for your business. It is a complete listing of all members by membership category and locations, with easy-to-use personnel and product group indexes. Your company is listed free with membership.
- State of the School Market Report – An annual publication, covers the most pressing education issues of that year such as teacher spending, demographic information, funding data, annual construction costs and No Child Left Behind.
- Supplemental Products Market Report – This repot provides industry sales data and trend information and measures the gross sales of all Pre-K - 12 supplemental products at the school level.
- Discount through the NSSEA Store – Take advantage of 100% member-only discount on selected NSSEA publications and other items in the store.
Trade Events & Professional Development
- Ed Expo— the largest back-to-school ordering show, specifically geared toward the educational products retailer and full-line distributor. Ed Expo provides the opportunity to see thousands of products, network with fellow dealers, and increase business know-how through workshops. Significant savings as an exhibitor to this event are available to NSSEA members.
- EdSpaces—tailored to the unique needs of the furniture and equipment segment of the school market, and is open to all equipment suppliers, distributors, and specifiers, including architects, facility planners, and school purchasing officials. Significant savings on exhibit fees to this event are available to NSSEA members.
- Workshops/Seminars — NSSEA provides high quality workshops at all its events, including EdSpaces and Ed Expo. If available, audio and/or video recordings from NSSEA events of selected workshops/seminars are available to NSSEA members.
- Access to Online Learning — Find business solutions without leaving your office via the NSSEA Webinar Series. These 60 minute sessions cover a variety of topics from best business practices, market analysis, and more at no additional charge to members.
Member Exclusive Online Benefits
- Essentials Magazine Downloads—Members have unlimited access and download capabilities to the archive section of NSSEA’s Essentials magazine and Essentials weekly.
- Online Membership & Buyers Guide Searchable Database—This searchable membership database is located under the MY NSSEA area via a members only login/password system. With this live, up-to-date database, members can locate companies, personnel, product, and more.
- Legislative Updates — NSSEA keeps you informed of the growing impact that new government regulations and laws have on our industry. The Association also tracks legislation and provides updates on potential funding opportunities. All this information is communicated through our weekly e-newsletter and updates on our website.
- Guideline & Templates – NSSEA assists the industry in providing standards on Image Standards, Bar Coding, Catalog Guidelines, and Product Information Template.
- Customer Service Awards – Dealer retail members of NSSEA nominate and select two supplier companies annually for their excellence in customer service to the school market.
- Display Advertising Opportunities – NSSEA members receive 50% discount off the nonmember rate on Essentials advertising. You can advertise your product or business in both the Annual Membership Directory & Buyers and either the Ed Expo Show Program or EdSpaces Show Program and receive a 20% discount off the directory rate.
- Mailing Lists – Unlimited access to the Dealer member mailing lists are available free of charge to members for download in Excel format via the NSSEA Store for promotional purposes. Members can also request custom lists of member if additional data fields.
- Industry Recognition/Identification – The NSSEA Proud logo is available online for download. NSSEA logo is free of charge to members for use on stationery, catalogs, ads, business cards, websites, etc.
More Online Resources
- NSSEA Network — Connect with your peers and share successful small business strategies with fellow members by exchanging best practices, which provides discussion forums, and exclusive member groups, with other dynamic web resources.
- Alpha Code Registry – Be a part of the industry clearinghouse for codes that dealers use to identify suppliers in their catalogs. Point-of-purchase software, promotions, etc. Registered alpha appear in the supplier listing of the Membership Directory.
- On Capital Hill—read the latest taken place on Capital Hill to learn about legislative update and funding opportunities available through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
- MY NSSEA—Change your personal contact information and update/manage your entire company roster for the next published directory all online.
- The Creditors Network – Strengthen the industry as a whole by protecting its members accounts receivables, improving their cash-flow and increasing their sales.
- TransFirst® – Flexible credit card/bankcard processing options and remote deposit technology to improve your cash flow.
- New! – Freight Discount – The NSSEA has partnered with DM Transportation Management Services to reduce costs and simplify logistics for our members.
- Hertz - Take advantage of special low negotiated rates, earned Free Rental Days and other premium benefits.
- Donation Management Services – The Kids in Need Foundation provides NSSEA members a full range of logistic services, as well as management of all request for contributions and comprehensive donation tracking and reporting essentials to quality for the appropriate tax deduction.
- Caliper - an international management consulting firm, to offer a wide range of personnel services to wholesale distribution companies. Caliper can help wholesaler-distributors achieve their goals by aligning the talent and potential of employees with the needs of the business.
- Health Insurance Program and Free Insurance Quotes for NSSEA Members. NSSEA members can obtain a free no obligation quote through Mass Marketing Insurance Consultants, Inc. (MMIC). Take advantage of economical group insurance plans including term life, disability income, and business professional liability.